Patients can use SingHealth’s very own smartphone app, Health Buddy, to have better access to their own health information and services anytime, anywhere
With a few clicks of the button, patients can access their own appointments and make changes without calling the appointment line or Call Centres of the various institutions. And they can do this anywhere, anytime, throughout the year.
So, what can Health Buddy do for you?
- Manage your SingHealth appointments, from rescheduling to registration.
- Save waiting time in the clinics with Clinic Queue Updates.
- View & Pay your bills online, so you can skip the queue!
- Update your Personal Profile .
- Comprehensive visit guides to SingHealth Hospitals, Specialty Centres & Polyclinics.
- Forgotten what the doctor said? Get accurate medical information on your symptoms, condition and medicines.
- Trusted health tips and videos approved by our doctors.
- SingHealth specialist profiles & family clinics near you!
A few clicks on Health Buddy will bring them to a personalised appointments page where they can see all their sessions in SingHealth institutions on the screen. This makes cross-checking dates and times a breeze.
There will also be a list of available slots, some exclusively available only through the app. Those that want to use the App must first download the Health Buddy app (compatible with both iPhone and Android) onto their smartphones and use their SingPass for access.
Health Buddy is Singapore’s most comprehensive health mobile application, developed by SingHealth – Singapore’s largest not-for-profit healthcare group. The group has identified the most relevant and popular searches from its multiple health websites and customized the offerings on this handy app.
Health Buddy hopes to promote a stronger sense of proactive involvement towards one’s own health and well being.
Features in Health Buddy include:
Health Tips, Videos & Promotions
– A collection of Health Tips and Advice for Men, Women and Children, updated weekly through written articles and Videos.
– Get early alerts of health related promotions by the SingHealth group.
Find a GP / Family Doctor
– Comprehensive list of GP clinics in Singapore, with location maps, opening hours and direct call function.
– Includes full listing of GPs across Singapore, with Opening Hours & Contact Details
Medical Conditions & Treatments
– A wide range of health conditions, including causes, signs and symptoms, treatment options, plus when and where to seek treatment, written by medical doctors and healthcare professionals across the SingHealth Group.
Specialties & Services
– SingHealth offers over 40 clinical specialties and sub-specialty services, through is institutions Singapore General Hospital, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, National Cancer Centre Singapore, National Dental Centre Singapore, National Heart Centre Singapore, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore National Eye Centre and 9 SingHealth polyclinics.
– Users can read about the services available and call for an appointment directly. Directional maps are provided to enable users to locate the clinics easily within the hospital or national specialty centre.
Find a Specialist
– Users can view their doctor’s profile by searching the name of specialist, medical specialty or SingHealth Institution. Subspecialty expertise, resumes and photographs are also provided where available.
SingHealth Hospital / Centre
– Users can call to make an enquiry or appointment, view institution charges , and navigate around individual Hospitals /Centres using internal floor maps. Direct access to SingHealth polyclinic web cams and Queue Watch also available.
Health News & Events
– Users receive news updates and latest public events organized by SingHealth.
“We understand that patients and their caregivers are busy individuals and would like handy tools to better manage their appointments. The Health Buddy app offers them convenience and empowerment, 24/7, 365 days a year,” said Ms Joyce Quek, Manager, Marketing Communications, who developed the Health Buddy app interface.